[fa.railroad] Train Trip North from Sault Ste. Marie

C70:railroad (06/21/82)

>From menlo70!sytek!msm@Berkeley Mon Jun 21 15:44:30 1982
The following two items are fowarded from the USENET net.travel newsgroup.

<MSM>

Article 19:
>From menlo70!hplabs!sri-unix!cca!decvax!harpo!npois!cbosgd!nscs!rew Thu Jun 17 10:47:40 1982
Subject: Train Trip North from Sault Ste. Marie
Newsgroups: net.travel

There have been ads in the Columbus (Ohio) papers for
a one day excursion train running north into (gasp!)
the Canadian Wilderness out of Sault Ste. Marie.  Does
anyone know anything about this?  I plan to be in
upper Michigan this summer and would like to know if
the train ride is worth a detour.

Bob Warren
cbosg!nscs!rew

Article 21:
>From menlo70!hplabs!sri-unix!cca!decvax!harpo!ihnss!ihuxq!irish Fri Jun 18 14:42:10 1982
Subject: Re. Sault Train Trip
Newsgroups: net.travel

I went to school in (gasp!) Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan), and yes, it is
a wilderness.

I went on the train trip in February of one year, and it was extremely
beautiful.  I've never been during the summer, but I would guess that it
would be just as pretty, if not prettier.

In other words, I highly recommend it.
				Laura BTL Indian HIll West