[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] External 5 1/4 floppys for PS/2 Model 70

bab@comm.wang.com (Brian Barnhart) (09/05/90)

I'm sure this has been posted before but I am new to the net.  I am
interested in adding a 5 1/4 floppy to my Model 70.  I am aware of
Sysgen's and Procom's products but know little about their reliability.

I would appreciate anyones comments on their experiences with either
of these products and/or alternative products.  I would also be
interested in any opinions/experiences with mail order companies.
Who would you recommend/avoid?

Thanks in advance, Brian

Brian Barnhart          Wang Laboratories Inc.     bab@comm.wang.com
(508)967-0386					   uunet!comm.wang.com!bab

wilson@issun3.stc.nl (Tony Wilson) (09/05/90)

In <1990Sep4.185047.2610@comm.wang.com> bab@comm.wang.com (Brian Barnhart) writes:

>I'm sure this has been posted before but I am new to the net.  I am
>interested in adding a 5 1/4 floppy to my Model 70.  I am aware of
>Sysgen's and Procom's products but know little about their reliability.

We use quite a few of Sysgen external disks at this site connected to
PS/2 Model 60's, 70's (A21 and others), and 80's.  Up to now, the
only problem of which I am aware, is that on my Model 70-A21 under
DESQview, I sometimes seem to lose interrupts.  However, this happens
with the inbuilt IBM 3 1/2 floppy as well.

--
Tony Wilson (News Administrator)                 wilson@issun3.stc.nl,  or
SHAPE Technical Centre, The Hague, NL            ...!hp4nl!shapetc!wilson