[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] MCA harddisk controller

flo@doitcr.doit.sub.org (Florian Reichl) (12/21/90)

Is the original built in HD controller of my PS/2 80-041, which seems
like an MFM controller since something like an ST 4052 is connected to it,
compatible to other non-IBM harddisks?

Where can I get a MCA SCSI controller?

Thank you!

	With best greetings from Bavaria,	-- Florian

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (12/26/90)

In article <1550@doitcr.doit.sub.org>, flo@doitcr.doit.sub.org (Florian Reichl) writes:
> Is the original built in HD controller of my PS/2 80-041, which seems
> like an MFM controller since something like an ST 4052 is connected to it,
> compatible to other non-IBM harddisks?

I don't know, but I would imagine so.

> Where can I get a MCA SCSI controller?

One sure place is IBM. They sell two SCSI controllers. In the UK they are
about 300 pounds for a non-caching controller and about 500 pounds for a
caching controller (of course, these are not discounted prices; the real
price will be less).

There are other suppliers but at least IBM should have them....
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury