[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] PLUS Hardcard IIXL?

RFM@psuvm.psu.edu (12/27/90)

I'm not sure if I shot from the lip lately or not: I told a guy that the
newest Hardcard IIs - the XL model - will go in a PS2 Model 50. I
thought I read that somewhere, but cannot now find the cite. Does anybody
know?

bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian David Bisson) (12/29/90)

As far as I know, the Model 50 is PC Bus architecture which would allow
one to use a hardcard from PLUS, manufactured for PgE+L(q3:|#e_} Bus

kr{
--
In Real Life:		      UUCP:{codas|gatech}!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!bdb
Brian D. Bisson               Internet: bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu

rhoward@msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard) (12/30/90)

In <26099@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian David Bisson) writes:

>As far as I know, the Model 50 is PC Bus architecture which would allow
>one to use a hardcard from PLUS....

Wrong, the Model 50 is MCA and this makes gettgin peripherals a little
harder. :-(

Robert

--
| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward@msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |

toad@athena.mit.edu (John P. Jackson) (12/30/90)

In article <26099@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>As far as I know, the Model 50 is PC Bus architecture which would allow
>one to use a hardcard from PLUS, manufactured for PgE+L(q3:|#e_} Bus
>
>kr{

Actually, as far as PS/2's go, anything from and including the Model 50
and up has an MCA (Micro Channel Architecture) bus.  Thus the above mentioned
Plus card would NOT work in a PS/2 Model 50.

JJ