[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] 4mb SIMMs for 55sx

altman@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (01/24/91)

Does anyone know if 4mb SIMMs can be used on the motherboard
of a 55sx?

And if so, do you have a good distributor for them?

Also, what is the fastest memory chip that can be used with
the 55sx?

Thanks in advance.

- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)

nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan23.173957.24362@sbcs.sunysb.edu> altman@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:

>Does anyone know if 4mb SIMMs can be used on the motherboard
>of a 55sx?
>
>And if so, do you have a good distributor for them?
>
>Also, what is the fastest memory chip that can be used with
>the 55sx?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)

Hello Jeff,
         As an alumni of SUNY at SB I would like to say Hi!
How are things at good olde SB?  Well enough nostalga.  I too
would like to know about these chips.  So if you get any reply
please e-mail me, or post it.  Thanks :-)

Paul

|"...and on the eigth day god created the Sauter Mean Diameter." |
|                                   - D.W.Senser                 |
|________________________________________________________________|

chris@peregrine.peregrine.com (Chris Cole) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan23.173957.24362@sbcs.sunysb.edu> altman@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:
>Does anyone know if 4mb SIMMs can be used on the motherboard
>of a 55sx?

Yes, they can.  You can get up to 8mb on the motherboard.
It is very much faster too.

>And if so, do you have a good distributor for them?

I get mine for a good price from:
John Chrisman
Universal Memory Products
800 678 8648

He is no relation to me except I buy memory from him.

>Also, what is the fastest memory chip that can be used with
>the 55sx?

I don't know -- ask John.

>Thanks in advance.
>- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)