[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] Sounds cards for MCA

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (02/01/91)

Can someone post a list (or tell me where one is) of all the sound cards
that can be plugged into my PS/2 70?  I know there's a Roland MT/32
(spelling?) available for MicroChannel.  What else is there?
--
----------------------------------------------------------- The Time Traveler
This space for rent.                                        a.k.a. Timur Tabi

ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) (02/01/91)

From article <2655@sparko.gwu.edu>, by timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler):

> Can someone post a list (or tell me where one is) of all the sound cards
> that can be plugged into my PS/2 70?  I know there's a Roland MT/32
> (spelling?) available for MicroChannel.  What else is there?

Sound Blaster supposed to have a Microchannel version after FEB'91!
Call Creative Labs in Santa Clara, CA.

E. Teng Ong (ong@d.cs.okstate.edu)

tmottonen@cc.helsinki.fi (02/02/91)

In article <2655@sparko.gwu.edu>, timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) writes:

> Can someone post a list (or tell me where one is) of all the sound cards
> that can be plugged into my PS/2 70?  I know there's a Roland MT/32
> (spelling?) available for MicroChannel.  What else is there?
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------- The Time Traveler
> This space for rent.                                        a.k.a. Timur Tabi
>                                                  Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
>                                                  Bitnet:         HE891C@GWUVM

    I don't about a list but here are two quotes from IBM catalog
    of micro channel adapters under "Music Interface SlaveAdapters":

    	MIDIlator Model MS-101/M 	by Key Electronics Inc

    	MPU-IMC 		 	by Roland Corporation

    And I think there is going to be a microchannel model of the
    SoundBlaster board. I faxed the Creative Labs Inc. a while ago,
    but never got a reply. I guess they don't comment on unannounced
    products.

    Teemu
--
                             _________