[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] ps/2 50 z MOUSE problems

ALEX@auvm.auvm.edu (Alexander Couloumbis) (02/11/91)

I am a new reader of this group and it looks a good place for me to ask
the following:  Some times when I boot up, the MOUSE port is not there...?

I have to turn off and then back on (couple of time) the computer until
I get my MOUSE driver Installed.  Does any one know why this happens and
how can it be corrected?

Sorry if this question has been asked again.

-Alexander.

acunger@netmbx.UUCP (Arnie Unger) (02/14/91)

ALEX@auvm.auvm.edu (Alexander Couloumbis) writes:

>I am a new reader of this group and it looks a good place for me to ask
>the following:  Some times when I boot up, the MOUSE port is not there...?

>I have to turn off and then back on (couple of time) the computer until
>I get my MOUSE driver Installed.  Does any one know why this happens and
>how can it be corrected?

Try changing the position of the mouse driver within the config.sys
file.  Some other driver seems to be affecting it.  Maybe remove
some of the other statements to isolate the problem.  Perhaps
you need a later mouse driver.  I am using MS v7.03, and have
not had any problems with anything for quite some time!

Arnie Unger (acunger@netmbx.UUCP)

Seen on an F-111 bomb: TO ANY IRAQI SERVICEMEMBER!