[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] Composite Video Output from PS/2

From The Mind Of <U39648@uicvm.uic.edu> (04/19/91)

>Does anyone know of a micro channel video board which has a
>composite video output, and will co-exist with the PS/2 built
>in VGA.

One of these may do the trick:

Microeye Video Output Board for PS/2
- Converts VGA display to TV video format.  Supports GENLOCK and
  overlay, full color composite and RGB output.

 From: Digihurst Ltd.
       Newark Close
       Royston, Herts SG8 5HL
       UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: 44-(0)763-242-955, FAX: 44-(0)763-246-313

Illuminator-16/MC for PS/2
- Illuminator-16/MC high resolution video graphics board is a
  single slot, Targa-compatible board set designed for Micro
  Channel bus-based PS/2 computers, supporting RGB, NTSC, PAL
  or S-Video input and output, with single-screen VGA loop
  through, overlay and mixing.

 From: Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
       1055 St. Regis Boulevard
       Dorval, Quebec H9P 2T4
       CANADA
Phone: 1-514-685-2630 / 1-800-361-4903, FAX: 1-514-685-2853

MicroLock for PS/2
- Overlays (genlocks) PS/2 computer graphics on incoming
  analog composite or S-Video.  Display on VGA monitor and
  RECORD in NTSC, PAL, or S-Video.  Compatible with DOS,
  InfoWindow and M-Control API.  Digital gateway to
  FrameLock.

 From: VidTech International, Inc.
       2822 NW 79th Avenue
       Miami, FL 33122
Phone: 1-305-477-2228 / 1-800-727-2261, FAX: 1-305-591-1651

Hope I helped...

- Darius
   BITNET: U39648@UICVM             | "I'd rather laugh with the sinners
 Internet: u39648@uicvm.uic.edu     |         than cry with the saints,
====================================|  the sinners are much more fun,
  "Don't set fire to strangers."    |  and only the good die young."
  - Mr. Zarniwoop                   |  - Billy Joel

du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) (04/19/91)

Does anyone know of a micro channel video board which has a
composite video output, and will co-exist with the PS/2 built
in VGA. I would like to drive an old video projector from a
PS/2 Model 50Z. I know that these board exist, I just don't
know who makes or sells them. Any pointers would be greatly
apopreciated!

--
Ted Goldstein                            E-mail: du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu
Network and Systems Admninistrator       Phone : (317) 494-9070

gah@hood.hood.caltech.edu (Glen Herrmannsfeldt) (04/20/91)

As for composite video and VGA ... what does a VGA output look like
in CGA mode?  I have a real CGA that I use if I want composite video
(not MCA, though).  If you want color (was that implied) then it would
be harder, but it may be possible to convince a VGA to generate a monochrome
composit video signal.

milne@ics.uci.edu (Alastair Milne) (04/27/91)

In <gah.672139684@hoodlum> gah@hood.hood.caltech.edu (Glen Herrmannsfeldt) writes:

>As for composite video and VGA ... what does a VGA output look like
>in CGA mode?  I have a real CGA that I use if I want composite video
>(not MCA, though).  If you want color (was that implied) then it would
>be harder, but it may be possible to convince a VGA to generate a monochrome
>composit video signal.

   It looks exactly like a CGA, including in what modes colour is available,
   and how many at a time.  I don't know if that's good news or bad --
   aesthetically, it's certainly bad, but maybe it's good for program
   behaviour.

   Is there any such thing as a CGA board, even EGA, for microchannel?
   Or did you mean something else by MCA?

   For a few more interesting modes you might look at MCGA, which is, or was,
   used on the model 25.

   Alastair Milne