[comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware] 8514/A; Are there any GIF viewers for this card???

hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) (06/10/91)

Does anyone know of a GIF viewer/converter/etc program that can access the
IBM 8514/A graphics card?

I'm using CSHOW (ver 8.21b). It's SAYS that it can talk to the 8514, but when I
configure it, it says that it can't find the interface. Other programs do (like
Windows), so ????? (Yes, I have WinGIF, but I want something that is NON-
windows).

Any help is appreciated.

hh

ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au (06/10/91)

In article <30971@hydra.gatech.EDU>, hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
> Does anyone know of a GIF viewer/converter/etc program that can access the
> IBM 8514/A graphics card?
>
> I'm using CSHOW (ver 8.21b). It's SAYS that it can talk to the 8514, but when I
> configure it, it says that it can't find the interface. Other programs do (like
> Windows), so ????? (Yes, I have WinGIF, but I want something that is NON-
> windows).

You must run the TSR hdiload.exe first (it is suppllied with the board).
This TSR is the interface that 8514-aware programs, like CSHOW and WordPerfect,
write to.  Windows has its drivers built-in.

Dr Mark Kosten,        phone: +61 3 479-2767
Computer Centre,       AARNet (internet): ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au
La Trobe University,   X.25 (PSI): 05052347300000::ccmk
Bundoora, 3083
Australia