[comp.os.os2.programmer] Multiline Edit Controls

trig@dkatrig.ka.sub.org (Georg Trietsch) (08/29/90)

Hi there!

As a developer of MS-Windows software I also have to port some
programs to OS/2 PM. Under Windows it is possible to create multiline
edit controls like Petzold's POPAD or Microsoft's NOTEPAD.

I havent found a way to do this under OS/2. We are using IBM OS/2
version 1.1 (still waiting for 1.2) and the Microsoft development kit.
If you know how to solve this problem, please tell me. A piece of code
would perhaps be helpful.

Thanx, Georg.

* -----   .    | UUCP  : trig@dkatrig.UUCP       |  Georg Trietsch  *
*  / /- /  /_> |         trig@dkatrig.ka.sub.org |     Karlsruhe    *
* / /  /   _/  | Voice : +49 721 406357          |  West - Germany  *

ballard@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Alan Ballard) (08/29/90)

In article <Foumo1w162w@dkatrig.ka.sub.org> trig@dkatrig.ka.sub.org (Georg Trietsch) writes:
>Under Windows it is possible to create multiline
>edit controls like Petzold's POPAD or Microsoft's NOTEPAD.
>
>I havent found a way to do this under OS/2.

You need to get OS/2 1.2 and the corresponding toolkit. Multiline
edit controls (called "multiline entry controls" in PM) weren't available in
1.1, but are in 1.2.  The toolkit includes at least one sample using them
(the clipview sample).

Alan Ballard                   | Internet: ballard@staff.ucs.ubc.ca
University Computing Services  |   Bitnet: USERAB1@UBCMTSG
University of British Columbia |    Phone: 604-228-3074
Vancouver B.C. Canada V6R 1W5  |      Fax: 604-228-5116