[comp.os.os2.programmer] Drive ?: not ready.

so-ecs@stekt.oulu.fi (Juha Ruotsalainen ti) (10/02/90)

How can I prevent the system from showing the full screen error msg
when I try to read from some floppy drive which is empty. This is of
course under PM. Thank you.
--
 ===E.C.Stone or J.Ruotsalainen=========Internet  :  so-ecs at stekt.oulu.fi===
        When I feel myself slowing down , I know for sure that I've been

d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Wahlgren) (10/03/90)

In article <SO-ECS.90Oct2153515@stekt.oulu.fi> so-ecs@stekt.oulu.fi (Juha Ruotsalainen ti) writes:
>How can I prevent the system from showing the full screen error msg
>when I try to read from some floppy drive which is empty. This is of
>course under PM. Thank you.

I you have OS/2 1.2, you should put the line "AUTOFAIL=YES" (or was it
"SET AUTOFAIL=YES").  Is documented in the on line command reference anyhow.

Or if you write your own application, you should set BIT 13 in the open mode
flag.

Mikael Wahlgren      d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se

cur022@zodiac.ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (10/05/90)

In article <1990Oct3.095505.23517@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se>, d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Wahlgren) writes:

> I you have OS/2 1.2, you should put the line "AUTOFAIL=YES" (or was it
> "SET AUTOFAIL=YES").  Is documented in the on line command reference anyhow.

I was interested, but couldn't find where it was documented in my copy
of IBM 1.2. Could you give more details of exactly where, please?

---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Bob Eager            | University of Kent at Canterbury
rde@ukc.ac.uk        | +44 227 764000 ext 7589
---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
*** NB *** Do NOT use the return path in the article header ***************

yozzo@arnor.uucp (10/10/90)

The command is

AUTOFAIL=YES
and it should be placed in the C:\CONFIG.sys file

after a reboot, then all Hard Errors
(e.g., Trap D's ) will be automatically failed.

That is, the HARDERR process will not put
up the HARD ERROR popup.  Instead a Trap message is
send to stderr.

Ralph Yozzo