[comp.os.os2.programmer] Setting FS_ICON bit during run-time

cfreas@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) (10/22/90)

I need to dynamically modify whether the icon behavior is that of using
the icon bitmap or acting like a 'mini-window'.  When creating the window
WinCreateStdWindow allows you to pass style bits.  I can't seem to find
any way to do this once the window is created, either through a Win function
or a window message (it wants other info, but not this).  Any ideas?

Thanks.
--
oo            - I live for the day earth becomes a domain name -            oo
\/ Jeremy Wohl / wohl@max.physics.sunysb.edu / cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu \/

lsalomo@omni.uucp (Lawrence W Salomon) (10/22/90)

The function I think you're looking for is either WinSetWindowUShort or
WinSetWindowULong (I think it is the former) QWL_STYLE (or QWS_STYLE if the
latter function is the correct one) as the value to change.

Cheers,
Q - the "Q"uestor for knowledge (, a degree, etc.)

lsalomo@hubcap.clemson.edu
ibmman@prism.clemson.edu
ibmman@clemson.clemson.edu
"Gee Wally, I think there's something wrong with the Beaver."

bobn@mcs213j.cs.umr.edu (Bob Niedergerke) (10/22/90)

In article <1990Oct21.180003.7515@sbcs.sunysb.edu> cfreas@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) writes:
>I need to dynamically modify whether the icon behavior is that of using
>the icon bitmap or acting like a 'mini-window'.  When creating the window
>WinCreateStdWindow allows you to pass style bits.....

My impression was that icons _were_ 'mini-windows'.  Anyway, style bits may
be in the window words for the icon.  I don't have any of the ref.s handy,
so you'll have to look this up.

bobn