[comp.os.os2.programmer] Logitech Multiscope Debugger

bobn@mcs213j.cs.umr.edu (Bob Niedergerke) (10/28/90)

In article <1990Oct26.192403.28268@sbcs.sunysb.edu> cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) writes:

>Yes.  I just received Multiscope's newest specs (v1.1) that allow a PM
>program to be debugged by the PM program.  It seems OS/2 v1.1 was at
>fault, not Multiscope.

Hmm.  Then OS/2 1.2 must have been equally at fault, as I had the same
problems that Larry mentions.  In any case, this will make the interface
a lot friendlier.

bobn

lsalomo@hubcap.clemson.edu (lsalomo) (10/29/90)

From article <1541@umriscc.isc.umr.edu>, by bobn@mcs213j.cs.umr.edu (Bob Niedergerke):
> In article <1990Oct26.192403.28268@sbcs.sunysb.edu> cfreas@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Terry Freas) writes:
>>
>>Yes.  I just received Multiscope's newest specs (v1.1) that allow a PM
>>program to be debugged by the PM program.  It seems OS/2 v1.1 was at
>>fault, not Multiscope.
>>

> Hmm.  Then OS/2 1.2 must have been equally at fault, as I had the same
> problems that Larry mentions.  In any case, this will make the interface
> a lot friendlier.
>
> bobn

From the way I understand things, the reason that PM debuggers couldn't debug
PM programs was from the serialization of input by PM.  I don't know how
Multiscope circumvented this (MAJOR) design flaw, unless they are doing it
under 2.0 .

(This doesn't imply that 2.0 does anything differently than 1.x ;  it is just
that I have quite a lot of experience with 1.x and none with 2.0 other than
rebooting the system when it hangs...  ;)

Cheers,
Q - the "Q"uestor for knowledge (, a degree, etc.)

lsalomo@hubcap.clemson.edu
ibmman@prism.clemson.edu
ibmman@clemson.clemson.edu
"Gee Wally, I think there's something wrong with the Beaver."