[comp.os.os2.programmer] OS2 question

prodtest@vine.OsbuSouth.Xerox.COM (Product Test Training) (01/25/91)

Hi netters,

I like to know/learn about OS2 and presentation manager. Can someone point me
to where I can get some info,s etc.? Is presentation manager somekind of windowing package?

Sory if you think the question is a stupid one. Please post whatever you
have to say.

Thanks in advance
-rob

resnicks@netcom.UUCP (Steve Resnick) (01/26/91)

In article <400@vine.OsbuSouth.Xerox.COM> prodtest@quickset.UUCP () writes:

>Hi netters,
>
>I like to know/learn about OS2 and presentation manager. Can someone point me
>to where I can get some info,s etc.? Is presentation manager somekind of
> windowing package?
>
>Sory if you think the question is a stupid one. Please post whatever you
>have to say.

PM is a windowing package (GUI) very similar to Windows. For Programming,
there is an excellent book: "Programming The OS/2 Presentation Manager"
by Charles Petzold. Petzold's examples used in the book are distributed as
part of the SDK (Software Developer's Kit)

resnicks@netcom.com, stever@octopus.com, steve.resnick@f105.n143.z1.FIDONET.ORG
apple!camphq!105!steve.resnick, {apple|pyramid|vsi1}!octopus!stever
- In real life: Steve Resnick. Flames, grammar and spelling errors >/dev/null
0x2b |~ 0x2b, THAT is the question.