[comp.os.os2.programmer] Using ZortechC/C++ for OS/2 PM Development

bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) (01/14/91)

Would any developers with Zortech C/C++ expererience care to comment on
it's use for PM programming?  I am trying to decide if it's worth
switching from MSC (going OOP, eh...).  Also, will the Multiscope
debugger work preoperly with the Zortech code?

Thanks.

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (01/24/91)

In article <2koRV5w163w@ersys.uucp>, ersys!bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) writes:
> Would any developers with Zortech C/C++ expererience care to comment on
> it's use for PM programming?  I am trying to decide if it's worth
> switching from MSC (going OOP, eh...).  Also, will the Multiscope
> debugger work preoperly with the Zortech code?

One small bit of information is that at present it doesn't support huge
model (data items in excess of 64K each). That alone has kept me using MSC
for the moment. I still use Zortech for some programs though!
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury
                         | +44 227 764000 ext 7589

shiva@well.sf.ca.us (Kenneth Porter) (01/26/91)

Zortech C does not provide any support for multiple threads.
They do provide library source, though, so you could add your
own locking code and thread startup code.  I found this out the
hard way (by buying it) and it now sits on the shelf.

Ken (shiva@well.sf.ca.us)