[comp.os.os2.programmer] missing #define in bsesub.h?

towfiq@FTP.COM (Mark Towfiq) (02/06/91)

Hi all.  I am doing keyboard input via the call KbdCharIn, using a
structure KBDKEYINFO to receive the data.  In the QuickHelp
information, under "Changes and Corrections", it says that in order to
allow for a keypress of value 0xE0, an extended key code has only been
received when the fsStatus field is set to EXTENDED_CODE.  The #define
for EXTENDED_CODE, however, is not to be found in my MS 6.0 header
files.  Does anyone know what this value is, or if it lives somewhere
else?

Thanks in advance.
--
Mark Towfiq, FTP Software, Inc.                                  towfiq@FTP.COM
Work No.: +1 617 246 0900			      Home No.: +1 617 488 2818

  "The Earth is but One Country, and Mankind its Citizens" -- Baha'u'llah

hwb@texnix.stgt.sub.org (Harald Boegeholz) (02/09/91)

In article <TOWFIQ.91Feb6095628@babyoil.FTP.COM>, towfiq@FTP.COM (Mark Towfiq)
writes:
> Hi all.  I am doing keyboard input via the call KbdCharIn, using a
> structure KBDKEYINFO to receive the data.  In the QuickHelp
> information, under "Changes and Corrections", it says that in order to
> allow for a keypress of value 0xE0, an extended key code has only been
> received when the fsStatus field is set to EXTENDED_CODE.  The #define
> for EXTENDED_CODE, however, is not to be found in my MS 6.0 header
> files.  Does anyone know what this value is, or if it lives somewhere
> else?
They seem indeed to have forgotten this! By experimenting a
little with CodeView and KbdCharIn I have come to the
conclusion that the correct #define should be
#define EXTENDED_CODE 0x0002
and it should be inserted in bsesub.h just after the definition
of SHIFT_KEY_IN. Can anybody confirm this?

Btw, these #defines are under the KBDTRANS structure, which leads
me to believe that the documentation of the KBDTRANS structure
might be wrong. There is no word about EXTENDED_CODE there...

Harald
--
Harald Boegeholz |Home:       hwb@texnix.stgt.sub.org (read daily)