[comp.os.os2.programmer] Size of Shared Segment

rol@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Paul Rolland) (03/21/91)

	I've two processes running concurently. The first one
allocates a shared memory segment to put data in, with a known
name. It then starts the second program, giving him the name of
the segment as a parameter. So, the second program issues a
DosGetShrSeg to have a selector to access this memory. But I
don't know the size of this shared segment. How can I do that ?

	Please Email an answer to rol@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
	Thanks,
	Paul.

ibmman@eng.clemson.edu ((the) IBMMAN) (03/21/91)

DosSizeSeg is what you want.

Cheers,

colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) (03/22/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1991 19:57:52 GMT

In article <18806@milton.u.washington.edu> rol@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Paul Rolland) writes:

>	I've two processes running concurently. The first one
>allocates a shared memory segment to put data in, with a known
>name. It then starts the second program, giving him the name of
>the segment as a parameter. So, the second program issues a
>DosGetShrSeg to have a selector to access this memory. But I
>don't know the size of this shared segment. How can I do that ?
>
>	Please Email an answer to rol@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
>	Thanks,
>	Paul.

This is done by using the DosSizeSeg function. It take 2 params. The
first is the selector, the second a pointer to a long, which contains
the size upon return.

Colin
|  The views expressed here are my own.  | Norm, what are you       |
|  They do not necessarily represent     | up too???                |
|  the views expressed by my employer.   |                          |
|                         ---------------| My ideal weight if I     |
|  colin@novell.com       | Novell Inc., | were 11 feet tall.       |
|  uunet!novell!colin     | San Jose     |                 - Cheers |