[comp.os.os2.programmer] Using WinSetPresParam to change font

dave@motto.UUCP (David Brown) (04/11/91)

Does anyone know the correct arguments for WinSetPresParam() to change
the font of a dialog control?  According to the documentation, the ID
value is PP_FONTNAMESIZE, but it doesn't say what the buffer contents
and length should be.

I would like to change one of my controls to use a slightly larger
font, such as Helv 18, bold if possible.

Thanks,
	Dave
---
David C. Brown		|  uunet!mnetor!motto!dave
Motorola Canada, Ltd.	|  416-499-1441 ext 3708
Communications Division	|  "Of course I'm above average!  Who isn't?"

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) (04/15/91)

In <45@motto.UUCP>, dave@motto.UUCP (David Brown) writes:

>Does anyone know the correct arguments for WinSetPresParam() to change
>the font of a dialog control?  According to the documentation, the ID
>value is PP_FONTNAMESIZE, but it doesn't say what the buffer contents
>and length should be.
>
>I would like to change one of my controls to use a slightly larger
>font, such as Helv 18, bold if possible.

buffer="18.Helv"
len=strlen(buffer)+1  (for the null character)

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')            LARRYS@YKTVMV.BITNET
OS/2 Applications and Tools             larrys@ibmman.watson.ibm.com
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center         larrys@eng.clemson.edu
Yorktown Heights, NY

Disclaimer:  The statements and/or opinions stated above are strictly my
own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Ramesh_Rama_Pendakur@cup.portal.com (04/17/91)

The best way to change fonts in a dialog control is right in the .RC file
using PRESPARAMS statement in the dialog description. Otherwise, working
with fonts is a real trouble. Simply changing Presentation Parameters will not
work. For the right way of doing it check Petzold's "Programming the OS/2
Presentation Manager".  Good luck,

	- ... -