[comp.os.os2.programmer] CS_SAVEBITS problem

d89-pen@sm.luth.se (Per Ersson) (04/19/91)

Hi!

I can't get the CS_SAVEBITS option to work properly. Could somebody
please give me a hint of what to do?

I have created a standard frame window with my own window procedure to the
client window.
In the WM_CREATE part of that procedure I register a new
window class with the CS_SAVEBITS option. I also create a small window of that
class with my client window as parent and owner.
This window is moved in the client window (trigged by a timer) with the
procedure WinSetWindowPos ( ..., SWP_MOVE).
All this works fine _BUT_ I also recieves WM_PAINT messages to my client
window procedure every time my small window is moved!
Why? And how can I avoid this.
When I read my PM manual it says that CS_SAVEBITS (which implikates
WS_SAVEBITS) should prevent this.

Regards.

| Per Ersson              ! Hagelv. 1 rum 78   | E-adr: d89-pen@sm.luth.se    |
| University of Luleaa    ! S - 951 48 Luleaa  | Phone: + 46 (0)920 49184     |
| Sweden                  ! Sweden             |                              |

bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Barry King) (04/22/91)

d89-pen@sm.luth.se (Per Ersson) writes:

> Hi!
>
> I can't get the CS_SAVEBITS option to work properly. Could somebody
> please give me a hint of what to do?
>
> I have created a standard frame window with my own window procedure to the
> client window.
> In the WM_CREATE part of that procedure I register a new
> window class with the CS_SAVEBITS option. I also create a small window of tha
> class with my client window as parent and owner.
> This window is moved in the client window (trigged by a timer) with the
> procedure WinSetWindowPos ( ..., SWP_MOVE).
> All this works fine _BUT_ I also recieves WM_PAINT messages to my client
> window procedure every time my small window is moved!
> Why? And how can I avoid this.
> When I read my PM manual it says that CS_SAVEBITS (which implikates
> WS_SAVEBITS) should prevent this.

I've successfully done this but I used WS_SAVEBITS for the frame and
client styles in the WinCreateWindow procedure.  I also used
CS_CLIPCHILDREN for the parent of the window.

Hope this helps.

Barry King             ersys!bking@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982