[comp.os.os2.programmer] DLG Files produced by DLGBOX Editor

wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) (04/26/91)

I've been wanting to know if there is a direct use for the files produced by the
Dialog box editor?

I can use the RC files directly, and the H File, but to use the DLG file I
always seem to just have to take portions out of it and create a RC file.

Is there a way I can just include the DLG File in an RC file?  Or does it's only
purpose be to show you how to set up an RC file?

Wim.
--

d88-pfo@dront.nada.kth.se (Peter Forsberg) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.232852.1134@serval.net.wsu.edu> wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) writes:
>I've been wanting to know if there is a direct use for the files produced by the
>Dialog box editor?
> I can use the RC files directly, and the H File, but to use the DLG file I
>always seem to just have to take portions out of it and create a RC file.
> Is there a way I can just include the DLG File in an RC file?  Or does it's only
>purpose be to show you how to set up an RC file?
> Wim.

The purpouse of the .DLG file is to be included in a .RC file. You do that with
a statement like
  RCINCLUDE FOO.DLG
in your .RC file. (I usually put it at the end).

>--
>|  wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu  | The Loft BBS
>| 27313853@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu | (509)335-4339
>|  72561.3135@CompuServe.com  | USR HST Dual Standard HST/V.32

Peter A Forsberg,  Royal Inst. of Technology  &  IBM Sweden
Peter Forsberg 		      Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
Internet: d88-pfo@nada.kth.se

larrys@watson.ibm.com (Larry Salomon, Jr.) (04/30/91)

In <1991Apr25.232852.1134@serval.net.wsu.edu>, wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) writes:

>I've been wanting to know if there is a direct use for the files produced by the
>Dialog box editor?
>
>I can use the RC files directly, and the H File, but to use the DLG file I
>always seem to just have to take portions out of it and create a RC file.
>
>Is there a way I can just include the DLG File in an RC file?  Or does it's only
>purpose be to show you how to set up an RC file?

You have to do either an RCINCLUDE or a DLGINCLUDE (I can't remember
which).  Personally, I would just copy the .DLG file to a .RC file (which
is exactly what I do) and use that instead.

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')            LARRYS@YKTVMV.BITNET
OS/2 Applications and Tools             larrys@ibmman.watson.ibm.com
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center         larrys@eng.clemson.edu
Yorktown Heights, NY

Disclaimer:  The statements and/or opinions stated above are strictly my
own and do not reflect the views of my employer.  Additionally, I have a
reputation for being obnoxious, so don't take any personal attacks too
seriously.