[comp.os.os2.programmer] New 1.2/1.3 toolkit problems

goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) (06/08/91)

I'm working on an OS/2 application and have recently recompiled it under the
new 1.2/1.3 toolkit.  Having done that, I now get an error message something
like the following: "OS cannot run program foo.exe"

Sorry I don't have the exact wording, but I'm at home and my 1.2 machine is
at the office.

Does anyone out there have experience with the new toolkit?  (We were advised
to use it because of MLE problems which do indeed seem to go away when we
use the new kit.)

Bob Goodearl -- goodearl@world.std.com
Principal Software Engineer, Easel Corporation

larrys@watson.ibm.com (06/10/91)

In <1991Jun8.163617.19043@world.std.com>, goodearl@world.std.com (Robert Goodearl) writes:

>I'm working on an OS/2 application and have recently recompiled it under the
>new 1.2/1.3 toolkit.  Having done that, I now get an error message something
>like the following: "OS cannot run program foo.exe"
>
>Sorry I don't have the exact wording, but I'm at home and my 1.2 machine is
>at the office.
>
>Does anyone out there have experience with the new toolkit?  (We were advised
>to use it because of MLE problems which do indeed seem to go away when we
>use the new kit.)

###  ########   you are using the Help Manager, you *MUST* use the 1.2 toolkit,
###  ###        if you wish your application to run under both 1.2 and 1.3.  This
###  ###        is due to the elimination of PMHELP.DLL (I think that's the name)
###  ######     that existed in 1.2 (it was combined with one of the other DLLs,
###  ###        PMWIN.DLL, I think).
###  ###
###  ###

Cheers,
Larry Salomon, Jr. (aka 'Q')            LARRYS@YKTVMV.BITNET
OS/2 Applications and Tools             larrys@ibmman.watson.ibm.com
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center         larrys@eng.clemson.edu
Yorktown Heights, NY

Disclaimer:  The statements and/or opinions stated above are strictly my
own and do not reflect the views of my employer.  Additionally, I have a
reputation for being obnoxious, so don't take any personal attacks too
seriously.