[comp.os.os2.programmer] How can I compile an .SQC file in the PWB?

pfeifer@gmdzi.gmd.de (Gregor Pfeifer) (06/13/91)

Hi!
I have the following problem:
I will use the Microsoft Programmers Workbench to develop
a C Programm. In some Moduls there will be embedded
SQL statements. The extention of these files are 'SQC'.
But the PWB don't know this extension. I've tried
to modifiy the tools.ini File, but it failed.

I don't know exactly, but the modification
looked like this:

build: macro PRE "sqlprep"
build: .SQC.C  pre_sqc_c
build: command pre_sqc_c "$(PRE) <$"

What's wrong? What is  missing?
Can anyone help?

Thanx in advance.
   Gregor

ballard@ucs.ubc.ca (Alan Ballard) (06/14/91)

In article <4911@gmdzi.gmd.de> pfeifer@gmdzi.gmd.de (Gregor Pfeifer) writes:
>I will use the Microsoft Programmers Workbench to develop
>a C Programm. In some Moduls there will be embedded
>SQL statements. The extention of these files are 'SQC'.
>But the PWB don't know this extension. I've tried
>to modifiy the tools.ini File, but it failed.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate; my previous reply seems to have got lost.)

I think the problem is that  PWB isn't capable of deriving how to create
a .O file from your  .SQC.C and the built-in .C.O rules.  You need to
define build entries for a rule  .SQC.O that does the preprocess and compile
steps.

There is a Microsoft technical note that describes this much better than
the so-called documentation that comes with PWB.

I don't have the details with me right now.  Send me e-mail next week if you
still can't figure it out from this and I'll type in the example.
--
Alan Ballard                   | Internet: ballard@ucs.ubc.ca
University Computing Services  |   Bitnet: USERAB1@UBCMTSG