[comp.os.os2.programmer] How do I write a IFS device driver??

nicolai@lysator.liu.se (Nicolai Wadstr|m) (06/20/91)

Does anyone have any information on how to write a IFS device driver??
I would approciate if you could send me any finro you have!

/ Regards nicolai

Nicolai Wadstr|m		Internet:      nicolai@lysator.liu.se
                                Fidonet:       TheSourcePool, 2:200/121

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (06/21/91)

In article <675@lysator.liu.se>, nicolai@lysator.liu.se (Nicolai Wadstr|m) writes:
> Does anyone have any information on how to write a IFS device driver??
> I would approciate if you could send me any finro you have!

I have been trying to find out how to do this for some time. The general
impression I have is that the interface isn't published because it is liable
to change. I am reliably informed that it changes a lot in version 2.0.

Having said that, I'd still be interested in any scraps of information that
people post. I volunteer to collect together what we can get into a single
document that can be maintained somewhere....
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Bob Eager                   | University of Kent at Canterbury
rde@ukc.ac.uk               | +44 227 764000 ext 7589
rde@ibmpcug.co.uk           |
100016.2770@compuserve.com  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/21/91)

The IFS spec is supposedly available from IBM in Boca Raton.
Unfortunately, the spec never arrived after the person I talked to
promised to send it to me (a year ago). I've pretty much given up
trying to get things from IBM (do you suppose this is what Akers was
talking about?).
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631
EMAIL: feustel@netcom.com  or feustel@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu

I voted for Bush once.  As it's turning out, once was once too often.