[bionet.users.addresses] E-mail in Colombia

AR115@biology.cambridge.ac.uk (10/30/90)

Does any body know about e-mail addresses in Colombia? (I mean are there
any?)

Andres Ruiz
AR115@UK.AC.CAM.BIO

AR115@biology.cambridge.ac.uk (10/30/90)

DOES ANY BODY OUT THERE NOW ABOUT E-MAIL IN COLOMBIA (ARE THERE ANY
NODES?)

ANDRES RUIZ
AR115@UK.AC.CAM.BIO
/*

harper@csc.fi (Rob Harper) (11/15/90)

In article <9010310310.AA25864@genbank.bio.net>, AR115@biology.cambridge.ac.uk writes:
> DOES ANY BODY OUT THERE NOW ABOUT E-MAIL IN COLOMBIA (ARE THERE ANY
> NODES?)
>
> ANDRES RUIZ
> AR115@UK.AC.CAM.BIO
> /*

If CL is the ISO naming convention for Colombia then there are two
Bitnet nodes... but do not quote me on it:-)

    NODE            COUNTRY   INSTITUTE
    ANDESCOL  (  )  CL ,      Universidad de Los Andes - Centro
    ECLACSVM  (  )  CL ,      ECLA, Computer Center

Rob "at your service" Harper.

hunter@work.nlm.nih.gov (Larry Hunter) (11/15/90)

   If CL is the ISO naming convention for Colombia then there are two
   Bitnet nodes... but do not quote me on it:-)

       NODE            COUNTRY   INSTITUTE
       ANDESCOL  (  )  CL ,      Universidad de Los Andes - Centro
       ECLACSVM  (  )  CL ,      ECLA, Computer Center

   Rob "at your service" Harper.

Sorry, but CL is Chile.  CO is Columbia, and the Nutshell directory
doesn't list any nodes there at all.

					Larry
--
Lawrence Hunter, PhD.
National Library of Medicine

harper@finsun.csc.fi (Robert Harper) (11/15/90)

In <HUNTER.90Nov14180620@work.nlm.nih.gov> hunter@work.nlm.nih.gov (Larry Hunter) writes:

>Sorry, but CL is Chile.  CO is Columbia, and the Nutshell directory
>doesn't list any nodes there at all.

>					Larry

You are right... Uncle Rob sliped off the ball. In actual fact I was
scaning some list for a node SAKFU00  ( now what country would that be??? )
when I came across that reference to the Andes and... er well jumped
to the wrong conclusion.

Yours in repentance Rob.
         %% Robert Harper  %%   HARPER@FINFUN    %%    HARPER@CSC.FI   %%
-=ROB=-  %%   CSC P.L. 40  %%      Bitnet        %%       Internet     %%
         %% Espoo  Finland %% Tel 358 0 4572076  %% Fax 358 0 4572302  %%

AR115@biology.cambridge.ac.uk ("Andres Ruiz, Genetics Dept. Cambridge U.K.") (11/23/90)

Thanks to everybody for their help.

Actually I have found that the node Andescol is the Universidad de Los
Andes in Bogota-Colombia. So it seems to have been indexed under an
incorrect ISO country code name (Cl instead of CO). I haven't received
any reply from the other node under CL yet.

    May I remind you that the correct spelling is ColOmbia and not
ColUmbia as in spanish the "discoverer" of America (not to be mistaken
with the USA, another common error) was ColOn and not ColUn.

Andres Ruiz
Genetics Dept. Cambridge U.
AR115@BIO.CAM.AC.UK