[bionet.users.addresses] Libraries and databases

harper@csc.fi (Rob Harper) (11/28/90)

  Do you have TELNET and do you want a listing of FREE libraries and
  databases TELNETable via the Internet. There is a file called
  INTERNET LIBRARY, available from LISTSERV@UNMVM. To get it send a mail
  message to LISTSERV@UNMVM leaving the Subject: line blank and in the
  main body of the mail message type:

  GET INTERNET LIBRARY

  Alternatively if you want to go the quick and dirty way from an IBM
  mainframe type:

  TELL LISTSERV AT UNMVM GET INTERNET LIBRARY

  or from a VAX mainframe

  SEND LISTSERV@UNMVM GET INTERNET LIBRARY

The Internet- Accessible Library Catalogs and Databases
for November 1990 was compiled by Dr. Art St.George and Dr. Ron Larsen

For all you "free lunch" people here is the first part of the table of
contents  to whet your appetite. The whole file is over 3000 lines
packed with useful inforamtion

Section 1: Catalogs & Databases Accessible Without Charge
	ALABAMA
	Auburn University
	CALIFORNIA
	California State University, Long Beach
	The University of California's online catalog
	University of California, Berkeley
	COLORADO
	Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries - CARL
	DELAWARE
	University of Delaware Libraries  DELCAT2
	FLORIDA
	State University System
	GEORGIA
	Emory University
	HAWAII
	University of Hawaii at Manoa Online Catalog
	ILLINOIS
	Northwestern University "LUIS"
	University of Illinois, Chicago
	University of Chicago
	INDIANA
	Purdue University
	T H O R -THe Online Resource
	The University of Notre Dame Library
	KANSAS
	The University of Kansas Library
	MAINE
	University of Maine System Library Catalog
	MARYLAND
	AIM (Access to Information about Maryland)
	UMCAT (Online Catalog for UM Libraries)
	MASSACHUSETTS
	Boston University "TOMUS"
	Harvard University-  HOLLIS, Harvard OnLine Library Information System
	MICHIGAN
	The University of Michigan
	Michigan State University Libraries
	Wayne State University
	MINNESOTA
	The University of Minnesota
	MISSOURI
	The University of Missouri
	NEW HAMPSHIRE
	Dartmouth College
	Dartmouth College Library Online Catalog
	NEW JERSEY
	Princeton University Library
	NEW MEXICO
	The University of New Mexico
	University of New Mexico General Library
	University of New Mexico Medical Center Library
	New Mexico State University
	NEW YORK
	Cornell University
	New York University
	Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
	State University of New York at Binghamton
	OHIO
	Case Western Reserve University
	Kent State University
	Ohio State University
	University of Toledo1
	OREGON
	University of Oregon
	PENNSYLVANIA
	University of Pittsburgh
	Miscellaneous Online Catalogs and Databases
	RHODE ISLAND
	Brown University
	TENNESSEE
	University of Tennessee
	University of Tennessee, Memphis
	Health Science Library
	Vanderbilt University
	TEXAS
	Texas A&M Library System
	UT Arlington Library System
	UT Austin Library System UTCAT
	University of Texas at Dallas
	UTAH
	University of Utah Marriott Library
	VIRGINIA
	The Old Dominion University Library
	Virginia Commonwealth University Library System
	WISCONSIN
	University of Wisconsin Library Catalogs

Rob "this is an offer you can't refuse" Harper

harper@csc.fi (Rob Harper) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov27.162812.1@csc.fi>, harper@csc.fi (Rob Harper) writes:
>   Do you have TELNET and do you want a listing of FREE libraries and
>   databases TELNETable via the Internet. There is a file called
>   INTERNET LIBRARY, available from LISTSERV@UNMVM. To get it send a mail
>   message to LISTSERV@UNMVM leaving the Subject: line blank and in the
>   main body of the mail message type:
>
>   GET INTERNET LIBRARY

Hmmm.... this entry has raised quite some interest privately. Folks want to
know where UNMVM is?  Here is the reply.

Earn_nodes> UNMVM
      UNMVM     (  )  US , U New Mexico 9370 VM Sys.

For INTERNET people I guess you might have troubles sending to a BITNET
address so append .BITNET to the address and try that.

Send mail to   LISTSERV@UNMVM.BITNET

-=ROB=-

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/15/90)

In article <1990Nov27.162812.1@csc.fi>, harper@csc.fi (Rob Harper) writes:
>   Do you have TELNET and do you want a listing of FREE libraries and
>   databases TELNETable via the Internet. There is a file called
>   INTERNET LIBRARY, available from LISTSERV@UNMVM. To get it send a mail
>   message to LISTSERV@UNMVM leaving the Subject: line blank and in the
>   main body of the mail message type:
>
>   GET INTERNET LIBRARY
>
>   Alternatively if you want to go the quick and dirty way from an IBM
>   mainframe type:
>
>   TELL LISTSERV AT UNMVM GET INTERNET LIBRARY
>
>   or from a VAX mainframe
>
>   SEND LISTSERV@UNMVM GET INTERNET LIBRARY
>
> The Internet- Accessible Library Catalogs and Databases
> for November 1990 was compiled by Dr. Art St.George and Dr. Ron Larsen
>
> For all you "free lunch" people here is the first part of the table of
> contents  to whet your appetite. The whole file is over 3000 lines
> packed with useful inforamtion

once one has done what you describe, how is the internet library
accessed?

Please give thorough instructions for all of us computer novices in
bionet. land.

Thanks.

Jim Danoff-Burg