[bionet.users.addresses] citation of on-line dbase

D31%TRANAVM1@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (suleyman aydin) (01/19/91)

Question:
Is there a standard how to cite an on-line-source (database)?
If yes, please inform me.  If not,  has the time come for making a standard
to cite an on-line ( somewhere else in the NETWORK or something from the
network) source?

Note: there might have been citations regarding this question but unfortunately
      i have no access to related periodics (like CABIOS).

suleyman AYDIN  (pharmacology...)
univ.anatolia/TURKEY

gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (01/19/91)

In article <9101181953.AA07565@genbank.bio.net> D31%TRANAVM1@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (suleyman aydin) writes:
>Question:
>Is there a standard how to cite an on-line-source (database)?
>If yes, please inform me.  If not,  has the time come for making a standard
>to cite an on-line ( somewhere else in the NETWORK or something from the
>network) source?

I don't know of a standard.  This is what I use and how I ask people to
cite my electronically published works:
   Author,..., Date.  Title.   Published
  electronically on the Internet, available via anonymous
  ftp to iubio.bio.indiana.edu. (or where-ever).

Don

--
Don Gilbert    gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu