[mail.uk-sendmail-workers] Sendmail 5.61

andrew@stl.stc.co.uk (Andrew Macpherson) (01/03/89)

Has anyone FTP'd Sendmail 5.61, the bug-fixed version, who is prepared
to let me in turn take a copy with hhcp/niftp?  (It's a pain not being
on the ARPAnet)

andrew@stl.stc.co.uk (Andrew Macpherson) (01/04/89)

Thanks for doing that research!  We will all want to wait for that
I expect.
--
Andrew Macpherson                          PSI%234237100122::andrew
andrew@stl.stc.co.uk        - or -         ...!mcvax!ukc!stl!andrew

kquinlan@edg.cv.co.uk (Kevin Quinlan) (01/05/89)

| Has anyone FTP'd Sendmail 5.61, the bug-fixed version, who is prepared
| to let me in turn take a copy with hhcp/niftp?  (It's a pain not being
| on the ARPAnet)

I cannot find 5.61 sendmail on ucbarpa.berkeley.edu.  That is
the file '~ftp/pub/sendmail.tar.Z' does not exist on that
machine.

However the file 4.3/sendmail.tar.Z will do in the next few days
(see below)

From: bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 89 21:48:50 PST
Subject: Re: sendmail 4.3

It will be in the next few days; I'll announce in protocols.tcp-ip,
and comp.bugs.4bsd.ucb-fixes.

--keith

Does anyone know if this is the same thing?

In any case we will ship it into the UK as soon as it is
available - and perhaps uk.ac.brunel.me will make it
available (?).

 | Kevin Quinlan, Prime Computervision, Amersham, HP7 0PX, UK    |
 | kquinlan@cvedg.prime.com                                      |
 | kquinlan@uk.co.cv.edg                  +44 494 714771 x 269   |