[comp.lsi.cad] DRC for KIC

yk@SWISS.CTR.COLUMBIA.EDU (Yoshihito Koya) (08/25/88)

I am looking for a design rule checking program for KIC2, layout editor.
I tried to get LYRA layout-rule checking program from Berekeley Industrial
Liason Office but they do not give it out anymore.  I am now tring
to convert Berkeley CIF of KIC to MOSIS CIF 2.0 of MAGIC.  To do this,
I need all the information about the difference between the two.
Specifically, I need to correspond all the layer labels in KIC to
MAGIC's labels.  So, I am now interested in getting more information
on the symabols in KIC and MAGIC.  If anyone have this information,
plaese let me know.  Also, if anyone knows any other medium-to-low priced
layout-checking program, please let me know.  I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Yoshi Koya
yk@greece.ctr.columbia.edu

yk@SWISS.CTR.COLUMBIA.EDU (Yoshihito Koya) (08/25/88)

I am interested in having some low-to-medium priced
layout checking program.  I have KIC as my layout
tool.  If you have any information about ant layout-
rule checking progam. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Yoshi Koya
yk@greece.ctr.columbia.edu
(212)280-4685

spp@zabriskie.uucp (Steve Pope) (08/25/88)

In article <8808242141.AA01052@columbia.edu> yk@SWISS.CTR.COLUMBIA.EDU (Yoshihito Koya) writes:
>I am looking for a design rule checking program for KIC2, layout editor.
>I tried to get LYRA layout-rule checking program from Berekeley Industrial
>Liason Office but they do not give it out anymore.

Lyra last appeared on the Berkeley VLSI distribution in about 1985.
We have been using lyra and kic2 since about that time.  Both lyra
and the Franz Lisp translator (needed to run lyra) have required a
certain amount of maintenance to keep up with SUN's operating system
upgrades, however, the combination is quite workable.

Since that time, lyra has been removed from the Berkeley distribution,
and the public-domain Franz Lisp is no longer distributed by Berkeley as
well.

Lyra is slow -- e.g., about 4 CPU-days on a SUN-3 to check a 65,000
transistor chip.  Just about any other DRC program, including magic,
will probably run much faster.

> Also, if anyone knows any other medium-to-low priced
> layout-checking program, please let me know.  I appreciate your help.

Let me know too!

steve pope (...ucbvax!spp)