[comp.lsi.cad] CAD tools

tassos@rti.UUCP (Tassos Markas) (01/28/89)

I am looking for synthesis tools that translate a circuit description given
in ESPRESSO format (or something similar) to a minimized network of generic
gates (optimum results are not expected).
I'd like also to have control over the maximum number of inputs in the gates,
or even better to be able to define a database of the available gates (standard
cells).

Please send responses via e-mail
thanks in advance

					Tassos Markas  (919) 541-7020
					Research Triangle Institute
					Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
					tassos@rti.rti.org  [128.109.139.2]
					{decvax,ihnp4}!mcnc!rti!tassos

landman%hanami@Sun.COM (Howard A. Landman) (02/01/89)

In article <2758@rti.UUCP> tassos@rti.UUCP (Tassos Markas) writes:
>I am looking for synthesis tools that translate a circuit description given
>in ESPRESSO format (or something similar) to a minimized network of generic
>gates (optimum results are not expected).

Both the MIS-II (UC Berkeley) and BOLD (U Colo Boulder) software can do this,
as can the commercial program Design Compiler from Synopsys.

>I'd like also to ... be able to define a database of the available gates
>(standard cells).

All the above programs allow this.

One CAVEAT: there are several slightly different versions of Espresso in
the world, so you may have to be willing to alter your input files a little.

	Howard A. Landman
	landman@hanami.sun.com