[comp.lsi.cad] EDIF databases?

emuroga@m.cs.uiuc.edu (02/03/89)

   Is EDIF always stored as a flat file, and then read in by the application
program, or has anyone tried an EDIF database which maintains some
structural information?

Eisuke Muroga
ARPA		emuroga@m.cs.uiuc.edu
CSNET		emuroga@uiuc.csnet
USENET		uiucdcs!uiucdcsm!emuroga
BITNET		emuroga%m.cs.uiuc.edu@uiucvmd.bitnet

ungerer@zgdvda.UUCP (Max Ungerer) (02/07/89)

In article <53900001@m.cs.uiuc.edu> emuroga@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>   Is EDIF always stored as a flat file, and then read in by the application
>program, or has anyone tried an EDIF database which maintains some
>structural information?

In the german research project *Interfaces and Data Transfer for
Integrated VLSI Design Systems* we are concerned with EDIF oriented
database systems.
EDIF oriented database schemas for the relational database systems
INGRES and ORACLE has been developped and implemented at the Univeristy
of Hagen and the Technical University of Darmstadt. Future activities
will be an object-oriented EDIF database and an EDIF oriented procedural
tool interface.

Max
--
Max Ungerer             Graphisch-Interaktive Systeme
(ungerer@zgdvda.uucp)   Wilhelminenstr. 7