From: david lewis <lewis@eecg.toronto.edu>
To: lethin@wheaties.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Seeking Gate-level simulator
Date: 	Mon, 10 Apr 89 09:58:19 EDT

I have a simulator that I developed here a while ago that
does gate level and what you might call functional simulation.
Its abstraction is node, more or less buses, so you can
refer to a bunch of signals with a single name. This makes
description of data paths concise. It allows you to mix
logic equations with conventional net-list style stuff, and
has a large set of boolean operators. I have been using it
for 3 years, so it is reasonably bug free. It is only unit
delay, and two state plus strength, so you can do tri-state TTL.
You can have it if you'd like it.

David Lewis
Electrical Engineering
University of Toronto

From: david lewis <lewis@eecg.toronto.edu>
To: lethin@wheaties.ai.mit.edu
Date: 	Mon, 10 Apr 89 10:38:27 EDT

BTW, this simulator, called tortle, has the advantage that it's
pretty fast: 5-8K node events /sec, equivalent to 25-40K gate
events per second, on a 3 MIP machine. A faster version, running
at 10-90K node events / sec, is running but not yet in a distributable
form.

------

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 89 22:46:27 CDT
From: jps@wucs1.wustl.edu (James Sterbenz)
To: lethin@wheaties.ai.mit.edu

There's a simulator called LSIM written by Roger Chamberlain, and
modified to include MSI level functions by Mark Edelman, both of
Washington University.  Theres a tech report out on it; I don't
know if it's being passed around in source form.  If you're interested,
send me e-mail, and I'll forward it to someone that can fill you in.

------

--
-- Rich

lethin@wheaties.ai.mit.edu