[comp.lsi.cad] VHDL test examples

rajgopal@lhotse.cs.unc.edu (Suresh Rajgopal) (10/20/89)

I am trying to obtain some example circuit descriptions
in VHDL, and I was wondering where I could find them.

 I am interested in combinational and synchronous
 (clocked) hardware:
   Control units, and  Data path modules
    comparators,adders,multipliers,ALUs shifters,counters etc

 I would appreciate it if someone could point me
to the right place.

Thanks

-Suresh

   Suresh Rajgopal  rajgopal@dopey.cs.unc.edu  uunet!mcnc!unc!rajgopal
    "Variety is the spice of life,
      Thats what the judge is going to tell my wife"

sreerang@portia.Stanford.EDU (Sreeranga Rajan) (10/22/89)

In article <10110@thorin.cs.unc.edu> rajgopal@lhotse.cs.unc.edu (Suresh Rajgopal) writes:

>I am trying to obtain some example circuit descriptions
>in VHDL, and I was wondering where I could find them.
>
> I am interested in combinational and synchronous
> (clocked) hardware:
>   Control units, and  Data path modules
>    comparators,adders,multipliers,ALUs shifters,counters etc

A good source would be the following books:
VHDL Handbook by Dave Coehlo of Vantage Analysis Systems
and
Chip-level modeling by Armstrong of Virginia Tech.

I would be interested in other sources for VHDL examples.

-- Sree
sreerang@portia.stanford.edu

kenobi%lightsabre@Sun.COM (Rick Kwan) (10/24/89)

In article <6004@portia.Stanford.EDU> sreerang@portia.Stanford.EDU (Sreeranga Rajan) writes:
>In article <10110@thorin.cs.unc.edu> rajgopal@lhotse.cs.unc.edu (Suresh Rajgopal) writes:
>>
>>I am trying to obtain some example circuit descriptions
>>in VHDL, and I was wondering where I could find them.
>>
>> I am interested in combinational and synchronous
>> (clocked) hardware:
>>   Control units, and  Data path modules
>>    comparators,adders,multipliers,ALUs shifters,counters etc
>
>A good source would be the following books:
>VHDL Handbook by Dave Coehlo of Vantage Analysis Systems
>and
>Chip-level modeling by Armstrong of Virginia Tech.
>
>I would be interested in other sources for VHDL examples.

I picked up this book at the Design Automation Conference this
year, basically because it had lots of examples:

	Roger Lipsett, Carl F. Schaefer, Cary Ussery.  1989.
	VHDL:  Hardware Description and Design,
	Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA.

The authors are from Intermetrics.
	Rick Kwan (aka Obi-Kwan Kenobi)
	Sun Microsystems - Intercontinental Operations
	kenobi@sun.UUCP or kenobi%lightsabre@sun.COM

markd@crash.cts.com (Mark Divecchio) (10/25/89)

In article <10110@thorin.cs.unc.edu> rajgopal@lhotse.cs.unc.edu (Suresh Rajgopal) writes:

>I am trying to obtain some example circuit descriptions
>in VHDL, and I was wondering where I could find them.

Call the VHDL User's Group BBS at 415 387 6987

--
Mark C. DiVecchio       Athena Systems Development Group
9888 Carroll Center Road, Suite 113, San Diego, CA 92126