[comp.lsi.cad] Calma Extraction Tools?

kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rich Kaul) (12/23/89)

Does anyone have some tools to convert a calma/GDSII file (generated by
Daisy's ChipMaster) to CIF, Magic or OCT format?  I have a file I wish
to use, but Magic seems to have trouble reading it in -- all I get are
the labels of the circuit.

Thanks.

-rich
-=-
Rich Kaul                         | "It is dangerous to be sincere unless
kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu    |  you are also stupid."  -Bernard Shaw

pmch@warwick.UUCP (Paul Chown) (01/12/90)

	We are looking for a tool to perform the conversion between
GDSII and CIF but the other way around, from CIF (or preferably MAGIC
files) to GDSII. Does anyone have any suggestions??

		Thanks in Advance

			Paul

Paul Chown,			  Tel:	  +44 203 523523 ext.2485
Dept. of Computer Science,	  Fax:	      203 525714
University of Warwick,		  JANET:  pmch@uk.ac.warwick.flame
Coventry,  CV4 7AL,  England.	  UUCP:	  {uunet,mcvax}!ukc!warwick!pmch

pi@susan.isi.edu (Jen-I Pi) (01/17/90)

In article <2033@diamond.warwick.ac.uk>, pmch@warwick.UUCP (Paul Chown) writes:

> 	We are looking for a tool to perform the conversion between
> GDSII and CIF but the other way around, from CIF (or preferably MAGIC
> files) to GDSII. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Could you just use the :calma command in Berkeley's Magic layout tool?
It is supposed to generate GDS II Stream format version 3.0 (corresponding
to GDS II release 5.1).

Regards,

Jen-I pi@vlsi-cad.isi.edu :-)