[comp.lsi.cad] Gerber display utilities?

billp@Stardent.COM (Bill Peregoy @stapollo) (02/21/90)

In article <1990Feb19.003234.13076@ultra.com> rich@ultra.com (Rich Fall) writes:

>    Does anyone know if a public domain, freeware, or shareware program exists
>for reading and displaying Gerber files (a standard format for interchange of
>PC layout data) in graphical form on either a PC or a Mac?

I have data on one program which performs this function.
I've never used this program, buts here  is the data I do have.

CAD Solutions Inc.
2841 Junction Ave.
Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 943-1610

The product is called PCGERBER.
This runs on a PC and allows viewing and editing of Gerber files.

They're are several other packages I've seen data on but I can't locate
the information.  I'd recommend leafing through a copy of Circuit Design
magazine.  I'm sure you can find more products listed in some of the ads.

I've actually been looking for a similar product with no luck.  I would
like to find a program (preferably workstation based) which can read and
display a Gerber file and in addition compare the connectivity of this
database to a design netlist.  I know that some of the board layout
packages and photoplot machines have this capabilty, but I've yet to
see it in any stand-alone packages.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Peregoy
Stardent Computer Inc.
85 Wells Ave.
Newton, MA 02159