[comp.lsi.cad] Workstation Info Wanted

Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse@cup.portal.com (02/22/90)

We are looking at VALID, MENTOR and Viewlogic for ASIC developement stations.
After going thru demo and benchmarking phases we are ready for some "real" user
inputs. If you've used any of these system for ASIC designs and have time to
talk for a few minutes, please e-mail how I can best contact you. If you
include your phone number I'll call you.

evans@ccicpg.UUCP ( Scott Evans) (02/23/90)

In article <27218@cup.portal.com>, Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse@cup.portal.com writes:
> We are looking at VALID, MENTOR and Viewlogic for ASIC developement stations.
> After going thru demo and benchmarking phases we are ready for some "real" user
> inputs. If you've used any of these system for ASIC designs and have time to
> talk for a few minutes, please e-mail how I can best contact you. If you
> include your phone number I'll call you.

What about Cadence, SCS, VTI, LSI Logic, et. al.  Although they aren't in the
hardware (workstations) business, if you are doing ASIC's you should probably
look at what they have available.

Scott Evans
evans@ccicpg

dkukral@encad.Wichita.NCR.COM (Dean Kukral) (03/02/90)

Somebody will have to be your ASIC foundry.  They may have a strong
preference for the format of the data you give them.  They may have
a very convenient set of low-cost tools for helping you verify your
design, and these tools may be platform-specific.  I suggest that
you start looking at ASIC foundries before making your final capital
decision.

--
Dean Kukral
VLSI/CAE Operations