[comp.lsi.cad] Request for place-and-route netlist

mass@garfield.usa (Mass Sivilotti) (09/12/90)

I am looking for a benchmark for evaluating
place-and-route software.  Any suggestions
are welcome, but I am especially interested
in something called "Deutsch's (sp?) difficult example".
Does anybody have this (preferably in machine-readable
form)?

Thanks in advance,

--mass

Mass Sivilotti
Caltech 256-80
Pasadena 91125
(mass@hobiecat.cs.caltech.edu)

baeder@shamu.cadence.com (D. Scott Baeder; x299) (09/13/90)

In article <MASS.90Sep11113430@garfield.usa>, mass@garfield.usa (Mass
Sivilotti) writes:
|> I am looking for a benchmark for evaluating
|> place-and-route software.  Any suggestions
|> are welcome, but I am especially interested
|> in something called "Deutsch's (sp?) difficult example".
|> Does anybody have this (preferably in machine-readable
|> form)?

Don't know if Dave's Difficult channel is in there, but there is a
whole "Suite" of P&R benchmarks that are managed by MCNC. (they were
used at various P&R workshops sponsored by mcnc and SIGDA)...

Try contacting them..

scott.

pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Paul BIG-EARS Menon) (09/14/90)

baeder@shamu.cadence.com (D. Scott Baeder; x299) writes:

>|> Does anybody have this (preferably in machine-readable
>|> form)?

>Don't know if Dave's Difficult channel is in there, but there is a
>whole "Suite" of P&R benchmarks that are managed by MCNC. (they were
>used at various P&R workshops sponsored by mcnc and SIGDA)...

Is there an email address for the above?  Also, someone to decrypt the
characters "MCNC" would be appreciated :-).  Us hicks again.  I have
a cuppla things to try out and would like to see how it compares with
other algorithms.

Thanx,

    Paul Menon,
    Dept of Computer Science,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe Street,
    Melbourne 3001,
    Victoria, Australia.

pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU
PH:	+61 3 660 3209

baeder@shamu.cadence.com (D. Scott Baeder; x299) (09/17/90)

|> Is there an email address for the above?  Also, someone to decrypt the
|> characters "MCNC" would be appreciated :-).  Us hicks again.  I have

Sorry...MCNC is the Microelectronics Center of North Carolina, a
research/university consortium.  It is partly funded by the state, and
partly through the industrial "partners" (this is just my personal
interpretation of how it all works)

to get info on the benchmarks, send an e-mail to benchmarks@mcnc.org
(haven't done this personally, but was told this by a former employee)

Hope this helps...scott