[comp.lsi.cad] Available Design Tools -- PLD

ejmag@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Eric J. Magnusson) (12/06/90)

In article <4273@acorn.co.uk> astevens@acorn.co.uk (Ashley Stevens) writes:
>I'm especially interested in PLA compilers, but also in other
>tools too.

Texas Instruments has a MS-DOS PLD compiler which allows you to
describe your logic design in the following formats:
Truth Table
Boolean Equations
State Diagrams

It will then compile the description to a standard JEDEC fuse map which
can be used to program the PLD directly.

I received it free from Texas Instruments as part of an ad campaign.
You may be able to get it the same way.

Eric Magnusson
ejmag@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (12/13/90)

In comp.lsi.cad, positron@cosmic.berkeley.edu (Shigeki Misawa) writes:

> 	Hi. I am interested in finding out what design tools are
> available for designing integrated circuits (analog and digital).
> This includes circuit analysis stuff like SPICE2G6, SPICE3C1, PSPICE,
> to IC layout programs, circuit board routers, schematic capture
> tools, to things like PAL compilers. If you know of any or use any
> I would be interested in hearing about them. If they are PD, I would
> be interested in finding out where they can be obtained. If they are
> commercial products, I would like to know the company that sells/supports
> them. Thanks in advance.

     I realize that this information is late, but people may be
interested in the following anyway:

     One program that isn't mentioned above is UCB's "Spectre", a
program designed for simulating the STEADY-STATE response of analog
circuits.  It's particularly useful for simulating the steady-state
response of mixers, traveling wave amplifiers, microwave circuits
(circuits with transmission-line type components), etc..  For these
circuits, it's much faster than Spice.

     I imagine that it's available from UCB's ERL (Electronic Research
Laboratories), under similar copying conditions as those of Spice.  For
detailed information on how Spectre works, see Memorandum No. UCB/ERL
M89/63 (28 April 1989), "Steady-State Methods for Simulating Analog
Circuits", by Kenneth Scott Kundert.

     Hewlett-Packard also sells a highly enhanced version of this
program.  If anyone wants more details about this commercial version,
send me email.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.