[comp.lsi.cad] GDSII stream format

andy@bears.ucsb.edu (Andrew Seawright) (02/26/91)

    I am looking for the spec. of the GDSII stream format. Does anyone know
if there is a ftp site that would have this?

                                              Thanks

             Andrew Seawright                 andy@bears.ucsb.edu

craig@synopsys.com (Craig Cochran) (03/01/91)

In article <9415@hub.ucsb.edu> andy@bears.ucsb.edu (Andrew Seawright) writes:

>    I am looking for the spec. of the GDSII stream format. Does anyone know
>if there is a ftp site that would have this?

I would recommend contacting Valid Logic Systems.  They are the official
owner of the GDS II product (after having purchased Calma).  The GDS II
project evolved into a Valid product called "Construct" which is a
GDS II compatible full custom layout product, with netlist-driven layout
and floorplanning tools.  It still supports Stream, so they should have
the official spec.

The Product Marketing Manager of Construct is Larry Yamada.  The Address:

Valid Logic Systems
2820 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134

--