[comp.lsi.cad] Verilog --> FPGA Conversion

pyle@intellistor.com (Norm Pyle) (03/22/91)

I am looking for information regarding tools to convert (synthesize) Verilog
HDL to FPGA gates.  The FPGA vendors should be among the market leaders.
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions put on the HDL because of the
uniqueness of FPGA architectures? (i.e. is there a Verilog "Style Guide" for
each vendor?
Thanks,
Norm Pyle
Staff Engr
Intellistor
pyle@intellistor.com
Longmont, CO

craig@synopsys.com (Craig Cochran) (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar22.152417.7186@intellistor.com> pyle@intellistor.com (Norm Pyle) writes:
>I am looking for information regarding tools to convert (synthesize) Verilog
>HDL to FPGA gates.  The FPGA vendors should be among the market leaders.
>Does anyone know if there are any restrictions put on the HDL because of the
>uniqueness of FPGA architectures? (i.e. is there a Verilog "Style Guide" for
>each vendor?

Gee, what timing.
Synopsys *just* recently announced FPGA support for our logic synthesis tools.
We synthesize Verilog HDL (or VHDL) into Actel, AT&T and TI FPGAs
(in addition to Gate Arrays, Standard Cells, Sea-of-Gates in CMOS, BiCMOS,
ECL, and GaAs technologies from most ASIC vendors).  One other major FPGA
vendor will probably be announced later this year.

For more information, please send me e-mail.  I will summarize to the net
if there is sufficient interest.

-Craig  <craig@synopsys.com>

--
Craig Cochran