[comp.lsi.cad] logic synthesis tools

escher@i80s20.ira.uka.de (BernhardEschermann) (05/24/91)

I am currently making a survey of commercially available logic synthesis tools
(Synopsis, Trimeter, Silc, ...). I am particularly interested in the following
information:

1) Name of tool, distributor
2) Functionality
   - 2-level/multi-level logic
   - input formats (VHDL, ...)
   - libraries
   - output formats
3) Rough characterization of approach (rule-based, a la ESPRESSO/MIS, ...)
4) Limitations (number of inputs/outputs, ...)
5) Hardware platforms (PC ?)
6) Price (single licence for commercial users)

Any help would be appreciated. Please send responses by email to
escher@ira.uka.de

Bernhard Eschermann

mysore@cbnewsm.att.com (arun.d.kumar) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May24.055615.24277@ira.uka.de> escher@i80s20.ira.uka.de (BernhardEschermann) writes:
>I am currently making a survey of commercially available logic synthesis tools
>(Synopsis, Trimeter, Silc, ...). I am particularly interested in the following
>information:
>
>1) Name of tool, distributor
>2) Functionality
>   - 2-level/multi-level logic
>   - input formats (VHDL, ...)
>   - libraries
>   - output formats
>3) Rough characterization of approach (rule-based, a la ESPRESSO/MIS, ...)
>4) Limitations (number of inputs/outputs, ...)
>5) Hardware platforms (PC ?)
>6) Price (single licence for commercial users)
>
>Any help would be appreciated. Please send responses by email to
>escher@ira.uka.de
>
>Bernhard Eschermann

Can you summarize and post it on the net please ?

Arun

escher@i80s20.ira.uka.de (BernhardEschermann) (05/29/91)

Concerning a survey on commercial synthesis tools:
In article <1991May28.155231.27245@cbnewsm.att.com>,
mysore@cbnewsm.att.com (arun.d.kumar) writes:

> Can you summarize and post it on the net please ?
>
> Arun

I will assemble the information after DAC and post it then.

Bernhard Eschermann (escher@ira.uka.de)