[comp.lsi.cad] What is the latest version of EDIF and is there an update coming ?

scott@labtam.labtam.oz (Scott Colwell) (06/14/91)

Does anybody know if there is a later version of the EDIF standard than
2 0 0.  I have contacted the local standards body (who represent most
international standards bodies in Aust.), they list EIA-548,  EDIF 2 0 0 as
the current version, yet I have someone asking me if I can locate a copy of
version 2 1 0.

Is there an updated spec coming soon ?

p.s. are there any changes from the interim EDIF standard IS-44 to EIA-548 ?
These are both 2 0 0 but maybe there were some editorial changes or something.

--
Scott Colwell
person who has no private phone extension but does have his own net address

craig@synopsys.com (Craig Cochran) (06/15/91)

In article <10678@labtam.labtam.oz> scott@labtam.labtam.oz (Scott Colwell) writes:
>Does anybody know if there is a later version of the EDIF standard than
>2 0 0.  I have contacted the local standards body (who represent most
>international standards bodies in Aust.), they list EIA-548,  EDIF 2 0 0 as
>the current version, yet I have someone asking me if I can locate a copy of
>version 2 1 0.

The EDIF version 2 1 0 Specification is scheduled for release in late 1991.
The latest date I heard was sometime in September, but it is possible that
the release could be delayed.

>p.s. are there any changes from the interim EDIF standard IS-44 to EIA-548 ?
>These are both 2 0 0 but maybe there were some editorial changes or something.

Don't know.  You may want to send e-mail to a member of the EDIF Technical
Committee.  I would suggest contacting its chairman, Russ de Pina at
<rdp@cadence.com>.

--
Craig Cochran
Product Marketing Manager                email: craig@synopsys.com