[comp.protocols.iso.x400.gateway] Interop BOF on RFC 822 / X.400 Mappings

S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.UK (Steve Kille) (09/14/90)

I will be leadiong a Birds of the Feather Session at Interop 90 on
RFC 822 / X.400 mapping.  This will be 18:00 - 20:00 on Thursday 11th
October.

Some possible topics are:

 - Operational problems of 987/1148
 - Conformance testing
 - Maintenance of the global mappings (tables, DNS, X.500)
 - extensions needed to RFC 1148

Suggestions for Agenda items (preferaby from those planning to participate)
are welcome.

Steve

Stef@ICS.UCI.EDU (Einar Stefferud) (09/17/90)

I will be chairing a Birds of the Feather Session at Interop 90 on OSI
Registration.  This will be 20:15 - 22:15 (if we can last that long) on
Thursday 11th October.

It follows Steve Kille's BOF - See Below.

We have 3 main topics:

1.  Registration of Identifiers for NSAP addresses (GOSIP & non-GOSIP)

2.  Registration of Object -Identifiers (Orgs, Objects, Entities).

3.  Registration of MHS Management Domain Names. (US-MTS & INTERNET)

Each of these three name spaces are entierly independent, except for
our choice to arbitrarily link them, if we so choose.

We will discuss the status of registration in each of these name spaces,
and consider what actions might be taken to improve the situation.

A report fo the BOF will follow after INTEROP.

Although we may have difficulty holding our discussion to registration
isses, because the use of registered numbers is also very interesting
and important, we will try very hard to keep to the main business of
resolving registration issues.

Your contributions to the Registration BOF will be appreciated...\Stef

-------- Begin

To: ORName Map <ietf-osi-or@cs.wisc.edu>, ifip-gtwy@tis.llnl.gov
Subject: Interop BOF on RFC 822 / X.400 Mappings
Phone: +44-71-380-7294
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 90 13:58:00 +0100
From: Steve Kille <S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.uk>

I will be leading a Birds of the Feather Session at Interop 90 on

hagens@cs.wisc.edu (09/20/90)

> I will be leadiong a Birds of the Feather Session at Interop 90 on
> RFC 822 / X.400 mapping.  This will be 18:00 - 20:00 on Thursday 11th
> October.

Steve, Alf Hansen and I will be at your BOF. I would like to suggest an
agenda item: Discussion of our proposal to use the DNS to support 987/...
mappings. I am working on a new version of this proposal and
can distribute it a week or so before the BOF.

Rob

S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.UK (Steve Kille) (10/09/90)

Forgot the most important thing!

Meeting will be 18:00 - 20:00 on Thursday 11th October,
at Interop 90: San Jose Convention and Cultural Center

Steve

S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.UK (Steve Kille) (10/09/90)

Just a brief note that this will be happening.   The session will include,
but not be restricted to:

 - A presentation by Alf Hansen on expereince with 1148/987 in
 	the European MHS Pilot
 - Discussions on use of DNS (and possibly X.500) to support 1148
 - What to do about "_" and RFC 1137

This should be plenty for two hours.

Steve