[comp.lsi] EDIF Specifications

flash@lehi3b15.UUCP (Stephen Corbesero) (03/09/88)

In article <1223@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> moto@cad.Berkeley.EDU (EDIF Committee) writes:

   Date: 4 Mar 88 17:32:17 GMT

   The EDIF TC has decided to formalize the standards query process,

specifications?
--
Stephen Corbesero                              flash@lehi3b15.UUCP
VLSI Design Automation Lab                     usgcorb@vax1.cc.Lehigh.EDU

moto@cad.Berkeley.EDU (EDIF Committee) (03/10/88)

The EDIF spec. can be obtained by writing to:
	   EIA
	   Standards Sales
	   2001 Eye Street N.W.
	   Washington D.C. 20006

	   Ask for standard RS548 (soon to be ANSI RS548)

 At the same time write to the EDIF User Group to get on the UG mailing list,
 and hear about new developments. There have been 2 Tutorials and will SOON
 be a videotape course on EDIF. This will run about 12 hours and covers
 everything from "what is EDIF anyway?" to reader/writer stategies and
 applications to IC and PCB designs.

    EDIF User Group
    2222 South Dobson Road,
    Mesa, AZ 85202

    Sorry, but they are not on the net (yet!).

Mike Waters - EDIF Technical Committee

otto@nicmad.UUCP (Douglas Otto) (03/10/88)

In article <351@lehi3b15.UUCP> flash@lehi3b15.UUCP (Stephen Corbesero) writes:
>In article <1223@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> moto@cad.Berkeley.EDU (EDIF Committee) writes:

>specifications?
>--

The EDIF (Electronic Design Interchange Format) specification is an
EIA (Electronic Industries Association) publication.

It may be ordered for $40 (non-members), $30 (members), $20 (students) from:

                    ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION
                    Engineering Department
                    2001 Eye Street, N.W.
                    Washington, D.C. 20006

My copy is for EDIF Version 2 0 0 and is EIA Interim Standard No. 44 dated
27-Apr-87.

--
UUCP:  harvard-\       ihnp4--\
          seismo!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!otto   Douglas Otto 608 271-3333 ext 2346

dataxpress@cup.portal.com (03/10/88)

>specifications?

To get a copy of the EDIF standard write to or call the EIA at:

    Electronic Industries Association
    EDIF 2 0 0 Orders
    P.O. Box 57358
    Washington D.C., 20037-0258

    (202) 457-4966

The EDIF standard costs:
    $20.00 for students working on EDIF related projects
    $30.00 for EIA members
    $40.00 for everyone else

To get on the EDIF Users' Group Mailing list, write to:

    EDIF User Group
    2222 South Dobson Rd, Bldg. 5
    Mesa, AZ 85202

John Eurich   dataxpress@cup.portal.com

johnson@c10sd1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Wayne D. T. Johnson) (03/11/88)

>The EDIF (Electronic Design Interchange Format) specification is an
>EIA (Electronic Industries Association) publication.

EDIF sounds great but is there any software around to support it.  Just
because its a standard does not nessissarly make it useful.

To quote one of our local computer rags:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from.  and if
you dont like the current assortment, why not write your own. ;{)

If anyone has a list of software available (especialy PD) for any of these
standards it would be helpful.