[comp.lsi] How to unmagic cif files?

buckley@dcs.leeds.ac.UK (T F Buckley) (03/09/88)

Does any one have a program that will take a CIF file produced by Magic
which has calls to symbols not previously defined, (presumably due
to the corner stitching data structure of Magic files), and turns the
Magic CIF file into a "standard" CIF file where the symbols are defined
before they are called.
We have a working cif plot program to drive a colour versatec and don't want
to rewrite it or reinvent the wheel if the solution already exists.

Tom Buckley
Computer Studies Dept.
Leeds University
Leeds, LS2 9JT
UK.

howard@cpocd2.UUCP (Howard A. Landman) (03/30/88)

In article <21703.8803081804@dcs.leeds.ac.uk> buckley@dcs.leeds.ac.UK (T F Buckley) writes:

>Does any one have a program that will take a CIF file produced by Magic
>which has calls to symbols not previously defined, (presumably due
>to the corner stitching data structure of Magic files), and turns the
>Magic CIF file into a "standard" CIF file where the symbols are defined
>before they are called.

If I remember correctly, the "cifplot" program from Berkeley has an option
to write out a "clean" CIF file which among other things has everything
defined before called.  This program has been widely distributed, including
sources, for over 5 years.  It's even possible that your own CIF plot
program is based on this code, and still has that option.  Read the man page.

--
	Howard A. Landman
	{oliveb,hplabs}!intelca!mipos3!cpocd2!howard