[comp.lsi] EDIF is now an ANSI Standard

moto@cad.Berkeley.EDU (EDIF Committee) (04/14/88)

For those interested in trading electronic designs and CAD/CAE information,
EDIF V 2 0 0 was accepted on March 14, 1988 as "ANSI/EIA RS548-1987 (SP2086)"
or ANSI RS-548 as a short form. Doesn't mean a lot in practice unless you
buy parts etc. An AN{I standard may be cited as a legal specification etc.

There is an ongoing effort to get US DOD MIL Spec recognition, and certification
by the IEC (International Electrical Commission) which is the counterpart to
ISO for hardware related stuff.

For more information contact: EDIF User Group
			      2222 South Dobson Road
			      Mesa, AZ 85212
			      U.S.A.

			      Mike Waters - EDIF Technical Committee

rusty@cadnetix.COM (Rusty) (04/16/88)

In article <2389@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> moto@cad.Berkeley.EDU (EDIF Committee) writes:
>For those interested in trading electronic designs and CAD/CAE information,
>EDIF V 2 0 0 was accepted on March 14, 1988 as "ANSI/EIA RS548-1987 (SP2086)"
>			      Mike Waters - EDIF Technical Committee

How about using EDIF for our schematic postings?
--
    Rusty Carruth	N7IKQ		DOMAIN: rusty@cadnetix.com
    Cadnetix Corp.			UUCP:   cadnetix!rusty