[comp.lsi] Mayo ???

lipton@loki.m2c.org (Gary Lipton) (07/12/88)

This is probably a silly question, but what is the Mayo foundation,
and how is it connected to Bob Mayo?

Gary Lipton - Massachusetts Microelectronics Center    ##   ## 2 #####
lipton@m2c.m2c.org (CSNET) ***** Disclaimer: KBISFB    ### ###  ##
lipton%m2c.org@relay.cs.net (Internet) ************    ## # ##  ##
{harvard,bu-cs,frog,ulowell}!m2c!lipton (UUCP) ****    ##   ##   #####

mayo@speedy.cs.wisc.edu (Bob Mayo) (07/12/88)

In article <2997@m2c.M2C.ORG> lipton@loki.m2c.org (Gary Lipton) writes:
>This is probably a silly question, but what is the Mayo foundation,
>and how is it connected to Bob Mayo?

The Mayo Foundation is, I believe, connected with the Mayo Clinic and
associated research labs.  But don't quote me, as I haven't verified this.
I have no connection with them, other than sharing a common, distant,
ancestor with the Mayo brothers who founded the clinic.

I'm suprised that there are two VLSI CAD systems with Magic-like names,
both worked on by entities with Mayo-like names.  The odds seem against
this (to say the least), but sometimes the Great Nameserver plays tricks.
Maybe I'll check with my siblings to see if any of them are also working on
layout editors called magic.

--Bob Mayo