[comp.lsi] CIF to GDS2 Conversion

robin@edson.UUCP (Robin Turner) (11/04/88)

Does anyone have any information regarding public (or private)
domain software for converting VLSI designs from CIF to GDS2
format and vice versa?

Please reply directly to:  robin@edson@alberta.ca

                                   Thanks in advance!!

                                   Robin Turner
                                   Dept. Electrical Engineering
                                   University of Alberta
                                   Edmonton, Alberta
                                   Canada T6G 2G7

                                   (403) 432-2787

waters@dover.uucp (Mike Waters) (11/09/88)

In article <215@edson.UUCP> robin@edson.UUCP (Robin Turner) writes:
>Does anyone have any information regarding public (or private)
>domain software for converting VLSI designs from CIF to GDS2
>format and vice versa?
>
>Please reply directly to:  robin@edson@alberta.ca

I don't know of any direct conversion software - public domain OR
commercial, but there are a number of CIF to EDIF and EDIF to GDS2
converters that have been written. The net result should be the same.

EDIF was created to solve just that kind of translation problem.

--
Mike Waters                 (for your EDIFication)
Motorola SMART CAD Group - EDIF (ANSI/EIA std. 548) support

art@buengc.BU.EDU (A. R. Thompson) (11/11/88)

In article <521@dover.uucp> waters@dover.UUCP (Mike Waters) writes:
>In article <215@edson.UUCP> robin@edson.UUCP (Robin Turner) writes:
>>Does anyone have any information regarding public (or private)
>>domain software for converting VLSI designs from CIF to GDS2
>>format and vice versa?
>>
>>Please reply directly to:  robin@edson@alberta.ca

The Vivid system from MCNC has a program, "ATOLL" (A Translator Of Layout
Languages) that translates between CIF, GDSII and MCNC's own layout
language Llama.  MCNC has dropped support for Vivid (drat!), but you still
might be able to get a copy.

stark@decwrl.dec.com (Don Stark) (11/11/88)

Magic can do this, providing there are no non-manhattan geometries.  Simply
read in the design using the cif reader, then write it back out using the
calma writer.

To get a copy of magic, write:

Industrial Liaison Program - ERL
Dept of EECS