[comp.lsi] Hughes' 3-D Processor Array

rodb@coho.UUCP (Rod Barman) (12/10/88)

I recently read somewhere a blurb about a 32 by 32 processor array
designed at Hughes.  The array is composed of multiple wafers, each one
bit-slice, sandwiched together vertically.

If somebody knows of any references, I would appreciate a message.

Thanks in advance,
--
Rod Barman, Dept. of E.E., University of British Columbia
CDN : rodb@ee.ubc.ca

aboulang@bbn.com (Albert Boulanger) (12/11/88)

"The Third Dimension", Michael Little & Jan Grinberg, Byte, November
88, 311-319

Albert Boulanger
BBN Systems & Technologies Corp.
aboulanger@bbn.com

moreno@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Jaime Moreno) (12/11/88)

The upcoming International Conference on Wafer Scale Integration
(January 3-5, San Francisco) will have three papers on the topic:

	- The 3-D Computer
	- Reliability of the 3-D Computer under stress of mechanical
	  vibration and thermal cycling
        - Redundancy for yield enhancement in the 3-D computer

The three papers are from people at Hughes Research labs.

Jaime Moreno

-------------------------
Internet: moreno@CS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,ucbvax,sdcrdcf,trwspp,randvax,ism780}!ucla-cs!moreno

enbody@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard Enbody) (12/15/88)

In article <18778@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> moreno@cs.ucla.edu (Jaime Moreno) writes:
>The upcoming International Conference on Wafer Scale Integration
>(January 3-5, San Francisco) will have three papers on the topic:
>
>The three papers are from people at Hughes Research labs.

I am very interested in this topic, but I am not going to the conference.
Is there anyone from Hughes reading this who could email (or mail)
copies or tell me who to contact for copies?
Thank you,
rich enbody