[comp.lsi] cif filters?

borgstrm@neutron.eng.ohio-state.edu (Tom Borgstrom) (01/27/89)

I'm trying to make a plot of a chip layout done in magic.  Does anyone know
of a program that will convert a cif-format file to hpgl?  Also, our cif2ps
program doesn't seem to work -- has anyone else had any luck?

-=-
Tom Borgstrom            |borgstrm@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu
The Ohio State University|...!osu-cis!tut!icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu!borgstrm
2015 Neil Avenue         |
Columbus, Ohio  43210    |

shers@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Alex Sherstinsky) (01/27/89)

In article <1585@accelerator.eng.ohio-state.edu> borgstrm@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Tom Borgstrom) writes:
>I'm trying to make a plot of a chip layout done in magic.  Does anyone know
>of a program that will convert a cif-format file to hpgl?  Also, our cif2ps
>program doesn't seem to work -- has anyone else had any luck?

Try sending e-mail to kmware@caf.mit.edu (Kurt Ware).  He wrote a program
that might just be what you are looking for.

Alex  (shers@caf.mit.edu)

landman%hanami@Sun.COM (Howard A. Landman) (02/01/89)

In article <1585@accelerator.eng.ohio-state.edu> borgstrm@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Tom Borgstrom) writes:
>I'm trying to make a plot of a chip layout done in magic.  Does anyone know
>of a program that will convert a cif-format file to hpgl?  Also, our cif2ps
>program doesn't seem to work -- has anyone else had any luck?

According to Wendell Baker, who wrote it, the Berkeley EDIF tookit includes
cif2edif and edif2ps.  It should be available in mid-March (at the ILP meeting).

	Howard A. Landman
	landman@hanami.sun.com