[comp.lsi] CMOS3 and CMOS2 cell libraries; CMOS VLSI Design Book

rsridhar@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Ramalingam Sridhar) (06/06/89)

Are the CMOS3 and CMOS2 cell libraries available for ftp from any place?
Any information in this regard will be appreciated.

Also I am interested in a good book for teaching CMOS VLSI design which
is very similar to the Mead, Conway book.  Any suggestion will be useful.

Thanks.

R. Sridhar
ECE Department
135 Bell Hall
SUNY at Buffalo
Buffalo,  NY 14260
rsridhar@cs.buffalo.edu
or
rsridhar@sunybcs.bitnet

vicc@unix.cie.rpi.edu (VICC Project (Rose)) (06/06/89)

In article <6300@cs.Buffalo.EDU>, rsridhar@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Ramalingam Sridhar) writes:
> Are the CMOS3 and CMOS2 cell libraries available for ftp from any place?
> Any information in this regard will be appreciated.

You may get these libraries from MOSIS. You will need to send E-mail. I have
included the text of a request for general information as they have an
automatic mail handler. These libraries must be licensed I believe.

: To: mosis@cheeta.isi.edu
: Subject: Information request from MOSIS
:
: REQUEST: INFORMATION
: TOPIC: TOPICS, GENERAL, SAMPLE_FORMS, GETTING_STARTED, MOSIS_MAIL, LIBRARIES,
:        LIBDIRECTORY, DIRECTORY, USER_MANUAL
: REQUEST: END

MOSIS's mail handler will then mail you a large quantity of information. I have
included the most likely to be usefull topics. If you want less information
use the GENERAL, MOSIS_MAIL and LIBRARIES topics.

The CMOS3 Cell Library is described in

   CMOS3 Cell Library
   Dennis V. Heinbuch ed.
   Addison-Wesley 1988 (VLSI Systems Series)

This is not the most up to date description of the CMOS3 library but it is
nice hardbound with color layouts. I beleive you will be abl;e to get a
photocopy quality up to date copy from MOSIS.

> Also I am interested in a good book for teaching CMOS VLSI design which
> is very similar to the Mead, Conway book.  Any suggestion will be useful.

Several books which have been used in courses here at RPI are:

   Principles of CMOS VLSI Design, A Systems Perspective
   Neil Weste and Kamran Eshraghian
   Addison-Wesley 1985 (VLSI Systems Series)

   The Design and Analysis of VLSI Circuits
   Lance A. Glasser and Daniel W. Dobberpuhl
   Addison-Wesley 1985 (VLSI Systems Series)

   Introduction to nMOS and CMOS VLSI Systems Design
   Amar Mukherjee
   Prentice Hall 1986

> Thanks.
>
> R. Sridhar